London vs Delhi
As a Delhi guys, these are the biggest cultural shocks I faced when I moved to London.
- In London, foxes are every where. Every morning as soon as I step out of the house I see randomly roaming in the street like cat.
- The entire city completely shuts down after 4 pm on Sunday where as in my city we have late night restaurants even on weekends
- When I say to my colleagues I don’t eat Chicken on particular days of the week I have to spend good 10min explaining them why!!
- “PANTS “ means underwear and “Trousers “ means pants. Unfortunately in a very embarrassing way I was taught this by my colleagues!
- Everyone in the street will ask you “are you alright? “ which simply means hello. When ever I was asked this by some strangers I thought I looked sad or there is something wrong with me
- People eating pizza with Fork and knife. Actually I have never seen anyone eating anything in bare-hands. Even when i go to Indian restaurants I have seen some British eating Dosa with Fork
- The fact that the water you are taking shower in is drinkable is by far my biggest cultural shock
- Using shoes inside a house was totally strange to me. I was raised in India where the culture is to put your shoes off before entering a house. When my host family told me to keep wearing shoes inside their house, I was a bit confused
- No ceiling fans,they just don’t use ceiling fans. They use pedestal fan or air conditioner in summers.
- If guy says I love you, he is not proposing to me in most of the cases!!
- Consumer Prices in London are 182.90% higher than in Delhi.
- Consumer Prices Including Rent in London are 292.78% higher than in Delhi.
- Rent Prices in London are 692.01% higher than in Delhi.
- Restaurant Prices in London are 246.50% higher than in Delhi.
- Groceries Prices in London are 123.04% higher than in Delhi.
- Local Purchasing Power in London is 31.81% higher than in Delhi.
You May Also Like:
Life has a plan for everyone
Narendra Modi vs Nirav Modi Is it possible for Narendra Modi to recover money from Nirav Modi?
How to become mentally very strong?
World’s most notorious and wealthy drug dealer “The King of Cocaine” Pablo Escobar
Why do people show off?
Top 50 amazing natural places to visit in America
Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
Top 130 awesome and most interesting facts