Some very interesting facts
Do you know these facts?
- Hot water turns into ice faster than cold water.
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.
- The sentence, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the English language.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- Ants never sleep!
- “I Am” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- When the moon is directly overhead, you will weigh slightly less.
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from the blowing desert sand.
- There are only two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: “abstemious” and “facetious.”
- The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
- There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- Minus 40 degrees Celsius is exactly the same as minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chocolate can kill dogs, as it contains theobromine, which affects their heart and nervous system.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men!
- You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- People say “Bless you” when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky
- The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
- “Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
Spades – King David
Clubs – Alexander the Great
Hearts – Charlemagne
Diamonds – Julius Caesar
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has a all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
- What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?
Ans – All invented by women.
- The only food that doesn’t spoil is Honey.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- All polar bears are left handed.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- Most lipstick contains fish scales.
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
- If a queen honey bee is removed from her hive, all the bees in the hive know she’s missing within 15 minutes.
- Coffee is the second most traded commodity on Earth after oil.
- If you’re 16 & older, there’s a 60% chance that you’ve already met the person you’ll one day marry.
- 99% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.